Thursday, March 3, 2011

March 2nd and 3rd!


Here is a super simple mask I made for the Empty Space’s Art Show, Visible Poetics by Julie Jordan Scott! I used another Threadbanger tutorial and channeled my elementary school days when we made country masks. So much fun! The quotes in the picture is a little hard to read, but it’s a fun one: “Why do you wear a mask? Were you burned by acid or something? Oh no. It’s just they’re terribly comfortable. I think everyone will be wearing them in the future.” I am probably reading way into this one, but it makes me think every time I hear it.

The next project comes from another You Tube video. What would I do without You Tube? I need to start making some videos and putting them up there. I am so thankful for all these talented crafters and artists for sharing their knowledge with us. Here is my first attempt at a crocheted beret. I think I messed up somewhere because it just doesn’t look exactly right to me. Honestly, I had been working on it ALL day long and by the end I just started making loops to finish the dang thing. I love it though and I’m going to try making it again soon...hopefully, the next time it won’t take all day!




















































No comments:

Post a Comment