Sunday, July 17, 2011

Skulls!

"I lost my mind" when I saw one of my art camp student's shirts! I loved the skull design and I went crazy with my examples for the next few projects we did. I have always appreciated a good skull design and seeing his shirt brought back my love for the macabre. But seriously...how dark could a skull with shades be and how could I not be inspired by that? So, for the next few days all my sample project carried this theme... we made an oil pastel drawing and pregnant belly casts (they are really supposed to be masks). The cutest part about all of this is that we had a fast finisher project where the students could watercolor a shell and the same student who wore the skull shirt painted the sweetest shell. There is just something about it that is so charming. Well, I told his mom and she made me a copy! I almost cried when she gave it to me!!! It's the little things...


































































































No comments:

Post a Comment