Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Run It!

I once took this research statistics class (not by choice) and I pretty much had no clue what was going on, but I remember my friends and I would crack up every time we heard the professor say “run it” at the end of each formula. He would be giving us all this crazy data that had to be entered into the computer and we would try to keep up as best we could. The only thing we really knew is that “run it” was the end calculation and we hoped that we came out with a decent looking graph. Now, what does all this have to do with running??? Well, the story had the word “run” in it... isn’t that enough?

Anyway, I promised to post some updates on my running journey and the good news is that... I’m still running! I’ve been passed by power walkers and parents pushing their kids in joggers, but I keep signing up and finishing races, so there is still hope that I will finish my scheduled marathon in Arizona on January 15th! To be honest, all I really want to do is eat ice cream, but I’m trying to get my diet and nutrition in check because I would actually like to finish with a decent time.

A big thank you to Andy Noise and the Bakersfield Distance Project, as well as the Sprinting Spinners! You guys have kept me going, have taught me so much, and make this sport so much fun! When I was in high school, one of the reasons I played a fall sport was to get out of all the soccer running conditioning, so it’s hard to believe that I am actually loving to run now! It is such a great escape and the people are wonderful! I now understand why people are "Born to Run." :)

So now, where’s the art connection? Well...

1. I got my feet analyzed and I turned that into framed art! Of course, right? Who wouldn’t frame their foot stamps? :)
2. You get to make costumes for some of the races!!! I see a tutu making party in the future.
3. XRing!!! Does it get any more creative than that??? :)

To be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment