Friday, April 1, 2011

Number 4

What the heck is this? I’m not quite sure myself (I think I was going for a wind chime), but I made it and so can you. This is actually a really fun technique. Take an image and copy it (if it has writing make sure it’s in mirror image). Then...right when the image has been scanned to copy, open the printed. YES, open it! And take the paper out from inside the printer. Why? The ink on the paper will still be wet. Take this image and press it onto your ceramic slab. Be careful though because the image can be smeared easily before the first firing. After that your good to go. Add a low fire glaze, a high fire glaze, keep it as is (this is what I did), add a clear glaze...you decide! This finished piece was definitely put together last minute. It will be reworked into something amazing soon we hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment