Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Fight Nights!

Here is your analogy for today:
Sweetened condensed milk IS TO my favorite ingredient to cook with right now AS dulce de leche IS TO my favorite treat to eat right now.

I was in lala land for awhile there when it came to dulce de leche. I had heard of it before, but never really understood it until... I was getting ready for UFC 144. Of course we were rooting for Ben "Smooth" Henderson and this fight night called for something special. Since the fights were in Japan I googled Japanese candy/desserts, but didn't find anything I thought I could make. I decided to go with something Brazilian, since I was going to watch the fights with friends from Bakersfield Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I then came across the super fun Dulce Delight and her youtube channel. She introduced me to sweetened condensed milk and it changed my life. For about a month all I wanted to do was make Brigadeiros for people.

So, even though I haven't mastered a Japanese dessert yet... there was still a happy ending. I learned all about dulce de leche, Benson won, and I didn't screw up any pots or plates making this candy!!! win, Win, WIN situation!

But... the most "winning" part of all this is that we actually got to meet Ben Henderson!!! He is such a great person and definitely deserves all the success that has been coming his way.











No comments:

Post a Comment