Thursday, July 25, 2013

Christmas in July

Merry Christmas… in July!  We just love Raiza Costa, so when she opened an online store we were super excited to try her baking kits.  She freely shares her recipes and tips on YouTube and we have already made some of her delicious treats, but we definitely wanted to support her and love her first kit that was sent out… the Heart Patterned Cake Roll.  She packed her Dulce Delight box full of goodies that were all individually separated and labeled.  The white chocolate endured some trauma during the shipping process due to the heat, but it tasted just as delicious as would be expected.  We watched her tutorial to get some visual tips and then went for it.  We were a little nervous to just flip the cake over from the pan to powered sugar dusted parchment paper, but it was really no big deal.  We did "ooh" and "ahh" when we finally got a glimpse of the bunny design… very impressive and such a cool technique to learn.  We recently saw Spamalot at the PCPA Solvang outdoor theatre, so we figured a red bunny was a good choice. ;) 





6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I got tears on my eyes , I swear. It's pretty emotional to me seeing my project that I made with so much love arriving at someone's house and this "someone" sharing with me the result. It looks fantastic and I'm posting this to my facebook NOW! Thank you thank you for making my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool Lindsay! The package you ordered looks so amazingly put together with such care and looks super easy to use! I love the packaging design. I hope that cake is delicious because now you have to make me one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raiza,

    Thank you so much for your sweet comment. We know how much you put into your baking and it's so clear that it's your passion. Thank you so much for sharing your love of baking with all of us. Your videos are so helpful and your kits are perfect and filled with such great ingredients. Thank you for sharing our results - we were so excited to see... and taste :) the final product. Can't wait to try out your other kits.

    <3 so

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks KSal!!!

    You would love the packaging... everything is numbered and pre-measured, which makes the recipe so easy to follow. The cake IS delicious, so I will definitely make you one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the packaging on the kit you got, so cute. I checked out her online store too! This really looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete