Thursday, September 9, 2010

Tick Tock!

Ugh! There is never enough time to get everything accomplished! I think our new favorite mantra is going to be “one day at a time.” If we just work on a little bit each day then big things can be accomplished, and I think this ceramic clock just might have to be the symbol to go along with the new motto. This was one of my first ceramics studio pieces and we were given the task to create different textured tiles. After I had my tiles, I wanted to showcase them all together and I thought a clock would be fitting (all the small tiles created one bigger and better final project). It’s a little awkward because I cemented each tile to a painted canvas, but I don’t think I’m going to change a thing. I’ve thought about reworking the piece and putting grout in between the tiles like what normally would happen, but I think for now I’ll go with the saying, “That’ll do, Pig.”





No comments:

Post a Comment