Thursday, August 26, 2010

An Oldie, but a Goodie!

This piece was completed during a summer class taught by the amazing Art Sherwyn (I learned how to block print from his daughter, Liz Sherwyn). The original idea was to create people on each side and they would be sectioned accordingly, so when a box was turned the proportions would still match up. This would have been an “epic” fail if I tried to draw and paint people, so I went with nature. Nature, specifically florals, never lets me down, so I opted for that route. I got a little crazy with the mediums I used: tiles, paint, graphic stickers, and pressed flowers. I do admit that I’m really happy with the way it came out! I love the colors and texture. There is even a place to put flowers!!! There was a really talented lady who also took the class and she painted hers beautifully. She didn’t follow the original guidelines either and for each side she painted a close up feature of the face: lips, eyes, etc. It turned out so good!




































2 comments:

  1. these are beautiful!:-)

    especially love the pressed flowers!:-)

    thanks for letting us see:-)

    rebekah:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebekah! Thank you so much for this sweet message! It really means a lot! I love your art as well! Please follow our blog and share it with others. We will do the same for you! I especially love your pressed flower rocks! I don't know if you have seen anything like this before, but I have seen pressed flowers made into buttons before! It was so neat! I will try to get some made and post them on here for you too see!

    ReplyDelete