Monday, January 9, 2012

I'm in LOVE...

with the music and videos by Gotye and Kimbra! I’m calling it right now, I discovered them! So, when they get big this blog post is record that I that “I told you so.” I first heard “Somebody that I used to Know” on January 5, 2012 around 9:00 pm when I was taking my dad home from a UCLA appointment. From the moment the song came on all I could think of was who are these people?!? I had to google what lyrics I could remember and when I found the video for the song, I lost it. I love it! It’s artistic and simple and perfect. I then proceeded to listen to the rest of Gotye’s songs as well as Kimbra’s songs and I love them all. Some of my favorite classes in school were literature classes where we had to analyze different pieces to death and when I saw Kimbra’s video for “Settle Down” my mind started to race. Oh my goodness, you could pick that apart for days. Anyway, just wanted to share them with you all and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Here are the YouTube links:

Gotye Music

Kimbra Music

* The videos are great, but the live stuff is amazing as well!

Also love Lana Del Rey. Her sound may not be for everyone, but give it a try. First heard her at
Brandy Melville... of course!
Here are some BM inspired hangers we made. All you do is take fabric scraps, tie them together,
and twist them around a wire hanger.


No comments:

Post a Comment