Sunday, February 10, 2013

First Comes Love...

next comes marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carriage!  Remember this post awhile back?  Whelp, like the above saying predicted.... the baby is HERE!  Before this little bundle of joy was born, I got a call from the proud momma-to-be who wanted to learn how to crochet a baby blanket.  Sure, no big deal.  I was pretty confident I could teach her how to crochet a little cozy cover and maybe we could even use two colors if we wanted to get crazy.  She had something totally different in mind... MATH!!!  She wanted to make a Fibonacci blanket!  But not just any regular Fibonacci pattern.  She decided we needed to double everything!  :)  I loved it though because I knew my dad would get a kick out of it.  He loves math and I love math because he does, so I put on my "thinking cap" and we got to work.  I decided to make a scarf to show her how to switch colors, etc. while she tackled the blanket.  I remember telling her I wasn't going to leave until she switched colors, so I knew she could do it on her own.  Well, before her baby shower I noticed I still had the unfinished scarf.  I decided to finish it and loved the final product.  I wanted to keep it because it was the first one I made, but I knew it had to go to her.  So, along with some necessary baby goodies, she also got a Fibonacci scarf.  This picture doesn't show all the details of the beginning rows, but you get the idea.  Excited to make another one!


No comments:

Post a Comment